ACADEMY COORDINATOR (6-month contract, renewable)
RED CLAY DANCE COMPANY - CHICAGO, IL
Red Clay Dance Company is excited to request applications for the Red Clay Dance Academy Coordinator position.
As an organization . . .“ we live to awaken "glocal" change through creating, performing and teaching African Diaspora inspired work--change that transforms cultural and socio-economic imbalances in our local and global community.”
This position will assist our Artistic Director/CEO in the management and expansion of our Academy. This role will also manage with specific projects/events as it relates to the Academy tasks including but not limited to, academy marketing, registration, student assessment tracking, parent/student communication, meeting/event management generating and tracking program quality, as well as reporting status of tasks and meeting critical deadlines.
Our Academy :
- Serves approximately 30 families annually, supporting Chicago’s most marginalized communities.
- Provides affordable tuition based after-school and Saturday dance training classes.
- The home of the pre-professional Red Clay Dance Youth Ensemble.
- Artist in Residence at Fuller Park.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of Academy operations.
- Respond to Academy inquiries via phone, email or in person.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dance studio and storage closet.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information.
- Provide student services coverage, (i.e. first aid, calls home, appointments with administrators, copies needed)
- Provide staff/teacher support as needed
- Prepare reports tracking Academy sales/enrollment.
- Assist CEEP Program Manager in documenting and tracking progress of student assessments and academy evaluations.
- Works in partnership with the Youth Ensemble Director on recruitment and retention of new ensemble members.
- Reports directly to Artistic Director/CEO.
- Assist with logistics for performances throughout the year including communications with families, ordering of costumes and supplies, and correspondence with our team of instructors and staff
- Works in partnership with Artistic Director/CEO in the management of Academy performances
- Works in partnership with the Program Manager in the development and facilitation of the Academy’s events, (i.e Academy Orientation, Open House, Bring a Friend to Class Week, Field trips, Fundraising, Red Star Parent Meetings)
- Prepares letters, reminder calls to parents/students, and attends planning meetings as needed.
- Assist Artistic Director/CEO with management of volunteers for events.
Marketing and Sales
- Manage Academy registration.
- Implementation of Academy marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns, content marketing, product and service positioning and other projects
- Provide support in management and tracking of academy social media accounts.
- Provide product/service support
- Perform all data entry needed for Academy reporting.
- Assist with live event marketing and management
- Lead student retention and growth efforts.