- Supervise,instruct, plan lessons, and lead activities for students enrolled in the after school programs and promote the values of Youth Guidance and your assigned school
- Write and implement 2-3 lessons per week in subjects of our choosing, where you can share your skills and talents with students
- Maintain behavioral expectations for students in keeping with established methods and procedures
- Assist students of varying ability with homework and other projects
- Escort students to and from programs, following the established after school schedule
- Assist in the distribution of publications and additional information used to promote the programs and various enrichment programs as offered
- Provide support to the regular school day administration and staff
- Provide conflict resolution with students
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have minimum of High school Diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree or student working towards a degree preferred
- Experience working with school age children strongly preferred
- Experience working in a school setting OR working with groups of 15-25 people preferred
- Ability to understand the policies, procedures, and general organizational structure of the Chicago Public Schools
- Ability to be proactive with projects and follow through in a timely manner with an end result that adheres to the Resource Coordinators' vision
- Ability to be flexible with program assignments and make changes to projects and proposals on the fly
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in conflict resolution
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time, frequently talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle and operate objects or controls, and occasionally stand, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, and viewing a computer terminal.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties performed are primarily in a school setting. Occasional need for local travel.
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.