The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks an Arts Camp Coordinator to administer summer arts, dance, and fiddle camps for children and teens at our Lincoln Square campus. This position works closely with our Dance and Teen Program Managers and requires a limited time commitment for preparation, with a greater 40-hour per week obligation during the eight weeks that camps are running (roughly mid-June to mid-August.)
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of camp programs in the Filemaker system to include:
- Schedules rooms for camp classes and showcases.
- Manages computer program entries for scheduling, describing, canceling, and changing camp offerings.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Managers for Dance and Teens to design the themes and programming for the summer arts camps.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Managers for Dance and Teens to hire and train the summer camp staff. Supervises camp teachers, leaders, and counselors.
- Schedules, coordinates, and emcees camp program performances including: room reservations, lighting and sound technician, volunteers, booking classroom space for rehearsals.
- Assesses camp equipment, supplies, and materials and researches necessary purchases in consultation with the Director of Education.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing, customer service, and IT departments to promote camp programs. Manages registration for all summer arts camps including maintenance of waitlists, enrollment materials, and collection of fees.
- Researches and recommends new camps, intensives, and workshops to expand the current slate of offerings.