Artistic Fundraising Group provides fundraising strategies and resources to nonprofit organizations and development professionals working in Chicago's vibrant arts scene. We teach workshops in grant writing and board fundraising, provide consulting services in both institutional and individual giving, and offer freelance grant writing and proposal review services.
The Associate Consultant will serve as a project manager and grant writer for several small arts organizations and their respective institutional giving efforts. This position reports to the CEO and will work part-time as an independent contractor, with the opportunity to work flexible hours and from home.
- Plan, manage, and execute foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and reports for arts and/or education nonprofit organizations
- Write and edit proposal and report narratives
- Prepare attachments and other supporting materials
- Collaborate with clients regarding upcoming deadlines and deliverables to ensure timely completion of work in advance of project deadlines
- Complete thorough prospect research for potential funder/client matches