At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Concert Manager, the Box Office Manager is a member of the Holtschneider Performance Center and School of Music administrative staff working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, Technical Director, Director of Business Administration, as well as other faculty and staff members as needed. The Box Office Manager will supervise Audience Service Representatives and all front of house operations, including but not limited to ticket sales and house management for both internal and external performances and events at the Holtschneider Performance Center.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the box office phone center and website, including fulfillment of patron ticket orders, oversight of part-time student workers, and day-to-day ticket software management. Hires, trains, supervises, and schedules student workers (patron services, ushers, event staff).
- Maintains processes and procedures related to ticketing systems / software, group sales, single ticket sales, cash management / deposits. Tracks data and generates reports associated with box office activity including daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports for the purposes of bookkeeping and marketing.
- Maintains accurate mailing lists, creating output for marketing mailings, and reporting on ticket sale or audience development data as requested. Creates and sends email communications to ticket buyers before events including parking, ticketing policies, restaurant recommendations, ADA information, etc. to enhance audience experience.
- Adheres to customer service policies and handles customer relations and complaints. Serves as the Access Coordinator and provides accommodations for patrons with disabilities.
- Provides back-up support to Concert Manager in areas of community engagement and audience services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in aspects of box office management, front of house management, ticketing, and/or patron services.
- Experience or knowledge of Spektrix.
- Manages, hires, trains, supervises, and schedules student workers (patron services, ushers, event staff).
- Direct reports could be 30-40 students who work 10-25 hour per week depending on the Holtschneider Performance Center performance schedule.
- May periodically supervise part-time and contract staff.
- Reports sales on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and generating marketing information as requested.
- Processes daily deposits for School of Music performances and reconciles revenue for tickets sold for outside renters.
- Processes donations to the School of Music received with ticket orders.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Commitment to and proven experience in delivering excellent customer service.
- An energetic, highly-organized, team player with the ability to multi-task several projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Solid computer, data entry, database, and ticket software management experience.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs waist high and able to assist with set-up of furniture for events as directed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb steps, and descend/ascend ramps and inclines/declines often.
- Availability and interest in working nontraditional work hours including evenings and weekends.