Are you someone who is:
- An efficientorganizer and problem-solver who can help drive projects to completion?
- An excellent communicator who works well with a wide variety of individuals?
- Passionate about supporting thoughtful and contemporary art performance programming?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Curatorial Assistant to provide project support to the performance program team. This includes coordination of internal and external information tracking, supporting workflow of office administration, and needs related to the touring and presenting of the work. To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Research U.S. and international artists working in a wide range of disciplines.
- Effectively communicate internally and externally with colleagues, artists, and the community, about the curators’ projects and vision.
- Compile and edit text for program notes, marketing platforms, and grant applications.
- Support line-producing of touring work, residencies, site-specific work, and other activities.
- Oversee content management of artist materials for internal and external use.
- Coordinate a wide variety of meetings for the planning and execution of activities.
P.S.The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.