Job Title:Custodial Supervisor
Position Summary: The Custodial Supervisor is responsible for the hands-on implementation of the cleaning program and supporting the built environment for all occupants. This individual interacts with other employees and outside vendors, and helps to support the Goodman’s artistic work. This is a full time, salaried position with an exceptional benefits package. Qualified candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including occasional night and weekend shifts for performance coverage.
- Cleaning and Set-up Duties: Perform maintenance and event setup in collaboration with management team and the custodial crew; maintain an environment that is sanitary, attractive, and orderly.
- Staff Supervision: Oversee in-house staff of custodians and coordinate outsourced specialty cleaning service providers. New employee hiring and orientation, training and guidance; corrective action as necessary. Assign and prioritize tasks and work requests.
- Inventory Management: Maintain, source and procure cleaning supplies, consumable products and equipment inventories; identify the opportunity to employ green cleaning products and practices, create, maintain, and comply with Safety Data Sheets for all products used by the custodial crew and collaborate with the Facilities Maintenance Manager to negotiate pricing for products.
- Quality Assurance: Perform quality assurance inspections and audits; report building hazards and need for repairs to the facilities management team; meet performance plans; assist the facilities team with projects and resolution of building issues as needed; ensure all projects, maintenance or cleaning challenges are communicated effectively for resolution.
- Provide functional/operational support to work area as essential personnel during times of emergency
- Perform and coordinate snow and ice removal on perimeter walkways as needed
- Interface with space management and maintenance management software to schedule cleaning tasks
- All other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and verbal skills
- Ability to supervise, motivate and mentor personnel
- Demonstrated experience in accountability, coaching, motivating, developing, and leading a team
- Ability to plan for enough staff to complete tasks, projects and work requests
- Ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise in commercial cleaning and sanitizing practices
- MS Office software program experience preferred
- Theatre or Live Entertainment Venue experience beneficial
- Capable of performing physical labor, maneuvering 60 lbs. or more, negotiating ladders, working from heights of up to 30 feet, and working from unusual angles to fix equipment
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender and its expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Send cover letter, resume, and salary history via email to
https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.htmlor via fax to 312.553.7234. No phone calls. Please indicate in your email or cover letter how you heard about this open position.