DONOR SERVICES Assistant (Part time, 15-20 hours a week)
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is looking to hire a detail oriented and responsible individual to serve as the Donor Services Assistant. The Donor Services Assistant ensures the integrity of the patron database (Tessitura) by accurately maintaining financial records and constituent data. The Donor Services Assistant administers the entire scope of gift processing and oversees the timely creation of all donor acknowledgement letters. The Donor Services Assistant also assists in the department’s usage of Tessitura to collect, store, and efficiently extract donor information in the form of giving statements, donor profiles, and department reports. The Donor Services Assistant reports to the Board Relations Manager.
- Enter all donations into Tessitura and maintain the accuracy of all transactions.
- Oversee the printing and mailing of all acknowledgment letters in a timely fashion, so that donors receive acknowledgement promptly after making a gift. Continue to enhance the department’s personalization of letters and Tessitura’s ability to automate this process.
- Actively manage the printing and mailing of all highly personalized letters (e.g. board contributions, Individual, corporate or foundation sponsorships) by coordinating content with other development staff members and keeping the process moving quickly.
- Coordinate a smooth and accurate pledge receivable process for the department. Prepare a monthly review of all outstanding donor pledges and help staff with sending pledges invoices when appropriate.
- Ensure the timely and accurate charging of all auto-billed pledge installments and proactively updates donors’ credit card information to prevent delinquent or unfulfilled pledges.
- Manage the creation of all year-end tax statements for installment pledge donors.
- Coordinate the request and receipt of all matching gifts.
- Generate all weekly, monthly, and yearly contributed income reporting and giving trend analysis.
- Prepare the donor listings for the development section of all production programs.
- Conduct donor research as assigned, including the extraction of relevant information from the patron database as well as research from external sources.
- Facilitate general department invoices and check requests. Prepare bi-monthly reviews of year-to-date expense reports for the department leadership.
- Working with a volunteer or the apprentice/intern, digitally scan all contribution paperwork and maintain an organized digital archive for the department.
- Provide friendly, efficient service to donors requesting information regarding prior gifts.
- Serve as an eloquent, enthusiastic and visible spokesperson during events and functions at the theater.
For over 40 years, Steppenwolf Theatre Company has been a cultural leader in Chicago and model for theatre companies in the United States and around the world. Formed by a collective of actors in 1976, the ensemble has grown to 51 members who represent a remarkable cross-section of actors, directors and playwrights. Thrilling and powerful productions from Balm in Gilead to August: Osage County—and accolades that include the National Medal of Arts and 12 Tony Awards— have made the theater legendary. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theatre, the 299-seat Upstairs Theatre and the 80-seat 1700 Theatre. Artistic programming includes a seven-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Company engagements; and LookOut, a multigenre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 15,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 40 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin. Anna D. Shapiro is the Artistic Director and David Schmitz is the Executive Director.
For additional information, visit steppenwolf.org, facebook.com/steppenwolftheatre, twitter.com/steppenwolfthtr and instagram.com/steppenwolfthtr
This position is hourly and is commensurate with qualification and experience. Excellent benefit package offered for part time employees, including dental and vision insurance, paid sick time, employee assistance program, pre-tax Ventra transit benefit program and a 401(k) matching retirement program.