Working under the Artistic Assistant, the casting intern will perform a variety of tasks related to the Artistic Department of Northlight Theatre with an emphasis on casting and artistic administration.
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- Discussion of resume building, headshots, interviewing skills, and next steps in pursuing theatre as a career.
- One-on-one meetings with selected professionals in Chicago theatre.
- Discounts to professional productions in Chicago.
- Attending Northlight Opening Nights. (Fall and Spring only)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 15-18 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Administer and support season casting by monitoring and assisting in auditions.
- Visiting the PR Casting office downtown to observe and assist with auditions as needed.
- Updating Northlight Casting database, organizing headshot submissions, and filing and updating actor information.
- Helping in other departments for events and on short-term projects when necessary.