POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Associate: Evenings/Weekends
DEPARTMENT: Artist Training
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Interim Studio Manager
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive, mission-driven individual to join Hubbard Street’s Artist Training Department in the Lou Conte Dance Studio. This position provides an excellent customer service experience to clients and students who enter our facility. The Front Desk Associate supports the Interim Studio Manager and the in all aspects of front desk operations and work-study management, and interfaces with the day-time Front Desk Associate, as detailed below.
This is a salaried, 30-hour evening and weekend position with full benefits. For the right candidate, this could be a full-time position.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide smooth check in and check out for all clients. Explain our many offerings; be familiar and able to direct interested clients to the right contact.
- Create class sheets and schedules for studios as needed.
- Assist with class card and retail purchases.
- Direct phone calls for entire organization.
- Direct in-coming and out-going mail and packages.
- Assist Interim Studio Manager in securing substitute teachers, coordinating rental needs and payments.
- On weekends, main point person for facilities emergencies and rentals.
- Assisting with monthly schedule creation for work-study students.
- Open and close the building on weekends; close the building on weeknights: follow assigned procedures for alarm, door, lights, thermostats, etc.
- Walk-through at beginning and end of shift to check overall building status. Promptly report issues to Custodian or Facilities & Operations Manager.
- Operate ADA passenger lift for clients who require assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.