Hubbard Street Dance Chicago Work Studies are integral members of the organization. The Work Study program provides an opportunity for students to take classes at the studio in exchange for working at the front desk. Work Studies receive an e-mail address and extension, and are entrusted with a number of challenging responsibilities. Work Studies work with Hubbard Street’s administrative and artistic staff to build knowledge, experience, and confidence in arts management. Work Studies have the opportunity to work at the theater when the company is performing in Chicago’s Harris Theater for Music and Dance, and see company performances.
Gain hands-on experience in dance education with Hubbard Street Dance Chicago’s renowned Youth Dance Program, assisting our experienced teaching artists and staff. Work Studies are responsible for a wide variety of administrative support tasks.
Youth Dance Program Work Study Duties/Responsibilities:
- Inform parents and families with current program information
- Check-in with parents, students and teaching artists
- Handle payments, and maintaining student records as well as answering phones, relaying messages, and fielding questions
- Assist with marketing/flyer drop for the Youth Dance Programs
- Develop marketing strategies appropriate for different initiatives
- General office duties, such as photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.
- Keep departmental calendar up-to-date
- Assist in organization of documentation and archives
- Assist in departmental and organizational data entry and database management