POSITION TITLE: Interim Studio Manager
DEPARTMENT: Artist Training
DIRECT SUPERVISORS: Director of LCDS; Executive Director
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive, data- and mission-driven individual to manage Hubbard Street’s Lou Conte Dance Studio as part of the Artist Training department. This full-time, one year interim position provides administrative and curricular support, helping to shape the direction of the Studio; position will be evaluated after one year and could become permanent.
The Interim Studio Manager supports the Director of LCDS in all aspects of class selection, scheduling, front desk operations and rentals, as detailed below.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Main focus is on documenting processes, learning business operations, and assuming control of administrative LCDS functions, including:
- Oversee teaching artists, including hiring and establishing pay rates.
- Develop new programs, workshops, master classes
- Maintain excellence of client relations
- Select and oversee scholarship students
- Oversee front desk operations: Hire, train, and manage desk staff, including internship and work-study programs; secure substitute teachers; communicate new security protocols.
- Keep records of income and attendance. Perform financial and capacity analysis.
- Manage daily batching and weekly deposits for Lou Conte Dance Studio.
- Approve payroll hours for teaching artists, accompanists, and front-desk staff. Work with Finance Associate to develop best practices.
- Optimize use of MindBody for data collection and check-in efficiencies.
- Primary contact for rentals. Generate contracts, process payments and all paperwork associated with rentals.
- Manage studio calendars in coordination with Facilities & Operations Manager; become main point of contact for studio scheduling.
- Responsible for managing budget, submitting monthly reconciliation adjustments, tracking actuals and developing projections and reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations as required.
- Work with Marketing Department to ensure visibility and search for opportunities for increased exposure and revenue generation.
- Work with Development Department to explore funding and programming possibilities.
- Attend all staff and faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Act as front desk staff when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed
to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.