Manager of Individual and Major Gifts
POSITION REPORTS TO:Assoc. Director of Development/Senior Director of Major and Planned Gifts.
Manages annual performance and strategic growth of Premiere Society giving (approximately 265 Members giving $2,500 or more) through in-person solicitations and solicitations coordinated with Staff and Trustee leadership. In collaboration with the members of the Goodman Theatre Individual Fundraising staff, helps to raise nearly $4 Million annually.
- Drive planning and management of individual giving programs, including production sponsorships and Premiere Society.
- With Manager of Stewardship and Community Engagement Events and Annual Fund Coordinator, plan and implement annual donor stewardship and cultivation events and evaluate effectiveness of these events on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the planning, logistics, and financial reporting of trips and tours for Goodman’s major donors
- Oversee the creation of all Sponsorship and Premiere Society related solicitation materials and collateral.
- Write solicitation and acknowledgement letters and proposals as needed. Draft and facilitate solicitation letters for Goodman leadership and other colleagues.
- Have oversight of all related contributor benefits for Production Sponsorship and Premiere Society donors, including special event invitations, donor perks and VIP subscriptions.
- Manage Portfolio of prospects with annual giving potential in the range of $2,500-15,000+.
- Facilitates solicitations on behalf of volunteers for annual giving.
- Primary staff contact for the Premiere Society Council, the steering committee for the Premiere Society donor group
- Identify innovative approaches to fundraising, including new opportunities to increase contributed revenue and cultivate new donors. Collaborate with colleagues to develop individual giving opportunities for key constituencies, such as the Board of Trustees and Women’s Board.
- Identify ways to maximize the use of the Goodman database in service of individual giving programs. Help to ensure continued use of tracking systems within database among major gift officers.
- Provide staffing support for Development Office special events.
- In partnership with Annual Fund Coordinator, help strategize of tele-funding, direct mail, and other annual fund mass appeal solicitations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years progressive experience in non-profit fundraising.
- 2-3 years direct experience with personal, one-on-one cultivation and solicitation of individual donors with a demonstrated ability to establish solid donor relationships and secure major gifts and a proven track record in meeting fundraising goals.
- Previous experience managing high-level volunteers and ease of working in an environment with a broad range of personalities
- Strong strategic acumen; ability to process research and create solicitation strategies; ability to articulate strategies to volunteers and execute strategies with donors (on a one-on-one basis and in partnership with volunteers); major focus on establishing, building and maintaining relationships with donors.
- Experience with staff and project management
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills; a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Team player with superior organizational, strong analytical, computer and database skills. Experience and comfort with Excel and Tessitura (or other comparable fundraising database)
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position. No phone calls, please.