REPORTSTO: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep, and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
- Liaise with national and international freelance photographers for procurement of photos as needed for various campaigns; conduct extensive photo research via the Internet, negotiate fees for usage and monitor photography budget.
- Assist department in coordinating and producing press conferences and photo shoots throughout the season, including creating and maintaining timelines, travel schedules/bookings, organizing planning meetings; prepare event kits and monitor “day-of” execution.
- Format and distribute all press releases on behalf of the company.
- Maintain the local, national and international press lists.
- Weekly processing of department invoices and maintenance of departmental budget spreadsheet.
- Oversee press performance seating and ticketing needs.
- Coordinate the production and collateral collection for Lyric Notes, our monthly e-newsletter.
- Train and monitor work of support staff/interns in maintenance of company archives and departmental filing systems for current/completed projects as needed.
- Maintain press and advertising clippings, including daily review of papers. Distribute to internal list highlights of key media coverage on a weekly basis.
- Collect and fulfill donation requests from external partners.
- Manage and coordinate special events for the marketing department.
- Act as marketing department lead for Arts Vision organization-wide scheduling system.
- Overall office administration duties including placing office supply orders, coordinating needs for new hires, arranging catering for meetings and events. Maintain communication with IT department in terms of equipment needs and malfunctions.
- Provide organizational and administrative support for the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Senior Director, Communications and Senior Director, Marketing and Audience Development including file management, facilitate communications with other Lyric departments, meeting coordination, travel booking, and maintain the department calendar.
- As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.