The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks a full-time Marketing Associate for the 2018 Season. The Marketing Associate, an integral part of the Festival’s Marketing and Patron Services team, will play an active role in coordinating the Festival’s multi-platform marketing campaign, and will assist in organizing special events. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. The position begins immediately and runs through the close of the Festival’s 84th season on August 18.
- Generate content for Festival e-newsletters, social media, and website
- Assist with managing the Festival's social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with execution of special events on select nights prior to the start of the concert
- Provide on-site support for photographers and members of the media at Festival events; coordinate press interviews; oversee press wrap-up at end of season
- Welcome group leaders to concerts and provide assistance, as needed
- $15.00/hour; this position full time (40 hours per week) and non-exempt.
- Nights and weekends are required throughout the summer season (June 13 – August 18, 2018)
- Position Start Date: ASAP
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 80 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago's summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city's most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.