INDIANA CONSERVATORY for PERFORMING ARTISTS
Music Theatre Teaching Artist-Director for Youth and Teens
Now hiring an experienced lead teacher / director for two Fall programs. We prefer one director to lead both programs, but will consider separate applicants.
YOUTH (Ages 7-12): ANNIE
- BEGINS AUGUST 26, 2018
- Rehearsals are Monday nights and every other Saturday
- Mondays: 4:15pm-6:15pm; every other Saturday 2pm-5pm
- Tech Day December 8
- Ticketed Performances: Dec 9 and 15.
TEENS (Ages 13-17): LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
- BEGINS SEPTEMBER 10, 2018
- Rehearsals are Monday nights and every other Saturday.
- Mondays: 6:30pm-8:30pm; every other Saturday 2pm-5pm
- Tech Week: Mon, Jan 7 + Wed, Jan 9 + Sat, Jan 12
- Performances: Sunday, Jan 13 & Sat, Jan 19 (Snow make-up show date or possible extension based on enrollment on Jan 20)
We also are in need of a strong Music Director for both programs.
Our programs are based on the Windy City Performs model, using a healthy mix of challenge and support to help non-auditioned student performers achieve an exceptional level of performance while learning about all the various aspects of character development, design, and collaboration & ensemble work.
The ideal teacher (and music director) is an experienced youth director...positive, flexible, personable, and self-assured. This team will need to be able to work fairly independently, as we build our programming at the Indiana space.
There will be a production team, including costumes, props, lighting, scenic) to support the design and creation of the Fall shows.
Our Indiana blackbox performance space is located in the revitalized Uptown Arts District of Michigan City (906 Franklin Square).
Chicago-based artists are welcome, but should take into account possible traffic or other commute issues. The studio is 1/2 block from the South Shore Rail Line stop at Franklin Square, and only a few minutes by car from major freeways. We do have plenty of free parking.
Pay is competitive with other smaller theatre companies.