The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a unique, musician-governed organization presenting top-level symphonic and chamber concerts at venues around the Chicago area. We are a Resident Company at the Harris Theater in Chicago and present concerts at Pick-Staiger Concert Hall in Evanston, North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, and chamber music concerts throughout Chicago. The Chicago Philharmonic is a proud partner of the Ravinia Festival, Joffrey Ballet, and other arts organizations. Our educational outreach initiatives reach over 1,000 participants yearly. Our committed administrative team works out of our office in the Chicago Loop guided by our five musician committees and Music Advisory Council with nearly musician members to help create powerful musical experiences.
The Chicago Philharmonic is seeking a detail oriented, organized and diplomatic self-starter to join our administrative team.
- Education and Community Outreach Programs
- Facilitate and manage our in-school AMP Mentorship Program, Side by Side community concerts, Next!, and Spotlight student performer programs
- Work closely with Personnel and Operations Director to coordinate with schools for scheduling, artistic needs, resources, securing Chicago Philharmonic musicians mentors, and other tasks as assigned
- Maintain accurate records of all activities. Assist Development Manager in grant-related reporting
Special Project Management Support
- Assist Executive Director and administrative staff in research and development of special long and short-term projects
- Provide administrative support by scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and maintaining records when needed
- Assist in creating and updating project work plans and take initiative to ensure timely completion
General Office Support
- Provide general office support when needed including answering phones, box office support, copying, mailings, and other administrative tasks