Viking Gymnastics & Dance is accepting immediate applications for a part-time dance instructor. The candidate should possess a strong background in ballet, hip hop and creative movement instruction for young children. Current opportunity is for a Sunday morning shift from 9:15 AM-12:30 PM with the option to lead teach birthday parties as needed. Class ages range from 3 years through third grade at the beginner level in Ballet, Ballet/Hip Hop combo and Creative Movement.
Our top priority is to seamlessly balance the rigors of a technical program while igniting the passion and unlocking the creative potential within our dancers. Currently, we are mainly a recreational program with most of our students embarking on the very beginning of their dance journey. As our brand-new dance program heads into its second season, our standards of excellence in crafting and maintaining a positive, warm studio culture is of the utmost important to us. We are looking for patient, yet energetic dance instructors to join our family!
- Create a positive and nurturing learning environment that inspires excellence and commitment to achieving goals.
- Stay up-to-date on new dance trends and training methods.
- Instruct students in proper, safe dance techniques in an effective and encouraging manner.
- Balance fun with rigor and passion.
- Instruct ages 3 through third grade in a variety of genres.
- Instruct classes within the guidelines of a pre-established curriculum.
- Minimum 1-year studio teaching experience.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Full time employees (30+ hours) are eligible to receive health, vision, and dental insurance. Both full-time and part -time employees receive paid time off.