Sitters Studio is a high-end childcare company with a Preschool in Forest Park, IL. Our Preschool teaches children ages 1.5 to 5 years old through an ARTS-BASED CURRICULUM. We offer a fun, active work environment in a creative, arts-oriented company.
We are looking to add TWO Head Teachers. Both positions are full-time (40hrs/wk), salary, and with benefits. The school is year-round and the hours for the children are 7:30am to 6:00pm. However, the tecaher's shedules will vary.
Sitters Studio's mission is to not only bring arts to children, but also to create a community for working artists who want to share their talents with children. We're passionate about the arts and want our team to share that passion as well.
- Develop and implement an arts based curriculum for children ages 1.5 to 5 years.
- Develop and implement a Kindergarten Readiness Program for children ages 3 to 5 years.
- Teach kindergarten preparatory skills to children in small groups. Evaluate children's progress weekly/monthly and adjust lesson plans to meet each individual's needs.
- Engage and communicate with parents on a daily basis in relation to their concerns, updates, and their child's needs.
- Participate in the creation of behavior management plans, based on the individual needs of children.
- Manage assistants, substitutes in a supportive manner, ensuring they have all of the tools and instruction they need to perform their job, and encourage their professional growth.
- Work independently when appropriate.
- Share equally in the facility tasks such as diaper changes, food prep, clean up, and maintaining an organized space.
- Manage time and keep the classroom on the daily schedule.
- Meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality.
- Share your passion for the arts and sense of fun with a great community!