PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
Carol Fox and Associates (CF&A), a Chicago-based public relations and marketing agency that focuses on arts, entertainment and lifestyle clients, is proud to offer a practical, educational and enjoyable internship program. Clients include many of Chicago’s theaters, concert venues, schools, dance companies, fundraising events, special events and visual arts institutions.
This CF&A internship provides participants with access to mentoring and career advice from top-tier communication professionals in this dynamic industry. We are looking for college students and recent graduates interested in gaining solid experience in public relations including research, writing, campaign planning, and event coordination.
The Public Relations Intern reports to the Senior Vice President and other associates on a project basis. Duties include supporting the general public relations efforts within the office. Other specific duties include:
• Writing content for and compiling press kits and media coverage reports
• Drafting publicity materials such as artist biographies, program book copy, etc.
• Writing feature stories for placements on blogs and websites
• Researching and recommending online publicity and promotional opportunities for assigned clients and implementing these recommendations
• Placing online event listings
• Staffing publicity and promotional events
• Answering CF&A general phone line for media and other inquiries