Changing Worlds, an arts and cultural education organization, seeks a 3rd-8th grade Coding/Gaming teaching artist for our summer program at Hale Elementary. Changing Worlds is looking for instructors with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Graphic/Digital Art
- Multi Media
Teaching artists will be compensated hourly for teaching and curriculum planning time. The summer program occurs July 2nd - July 31st, once a week, Monday-Thursday, according to your schedule. And one hour per week between 9am-11am. Flexible hours! Flexible schedule!
Responsibilities include working with groups of up to 15 students, curriculum planning, teaching digital media skills through a cultural theme, developing a body of work with the students resulting in a student exhibition, and maintaining positive relationships with students, parents and school administrators.
- Support the development digital media skills for elementary school students
- Support the development of cultural awareness for elementary school students
- Planning and implementation of arts and cultural curriculum for elementary school students
- Engage with students to encourage their creativity and self-expression
- Employ a system of effective classroom behavior management
- Support the students in the creation of a culminating exhibition
- Consult with Changing Worlds’ Program Manager on the development of programming