Changing Worlds, an arts and cultural education organization, seeks teaching artists who have expertise in Drama and Theatre to teach in our Arts and Cultural Connections after-school programs and Arts Culture and Literacy in-school programs in Chicago Public Schools. Responsibilities include working with groups of up to 15 students in an after-school setting or up to 35 students in an in-school setting, curriculum planning, developing and teaching drama warm-ups/theatre techniques and improvisational forms , developing performances for student showcases, discussions about the history and traditions of culturally specific theatrical forms, and maintaining positive relationships with students, parents and school administrators.
Teaching artists will be compensated for teaching and curriculum planning time.
Locations of program assignments will be determined by the Program Manager. In-school programs run between 8am-3pm and after-school programs run between 3pm-6pm. Times may vary depending on the school.
- Support the ongoing development of studio practice for elementary through high school students
- Planning and implementation of curriculum materials for elementary through high school students
- Work with students to encourage their creativity and self-expression
- Employ a system of effective classroom behavior management
- Support the students in the creation of a culminating performance
- Consult with the Program Manager on the development of programming for elementary students