Visitor Services Assistant
The International Museum of Surgical Science is looking to fill the position of Visitor Services Assistant. The Assistant is a full-time position at 40+ hours per week; weekends and evenings are required. The Visitor Services Assistant reports to the Museum’s Manager of Education and Events.
The Main duties for the Visitor Services Assistant position include but are not limited to: exploring and implementing new marketing and development strategies for Museum admissions, events and programs, including memberships and donor fundraising. The Assistant will spearhead new Museum initiatives and contribute to the operational and visitor growth. The Assistant will also be required to manage the Museum admissions desk and gift shop during assigned shifts and facilitate some Museum guided tours. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, highly motivated and hardworking, with great attention to detail and ambition to work independently. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required. A successful candidate will demonstrate successful goal completion and prove to be a key player in the Museum’s growth.
Main job requirements include:
- Assisting with ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Sustaining public relations for the Museum.
- Initiating a Corporate Giving program and Annual Fund drive.
- Managing the Museum’s social media accounts and ads.
- Promoting the Museum Membership program.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- 1-2 years previous experience working in museum or non-profit setting.
- Previous experience with customer service/handling payments.
- A proven track record of making sales and client relationships.
- A marketing or development/fundraising portfolio.
- A neat and professional appearance required.
- Time efficient, organized, dependable, a team player and detail oriented.
- Outgoing with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently with success.
Salary: $26,000 - $31,000; full benefits. Applications Due: April 16, 2018. Start Date: May 1, 2018.
Please submit: Resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional portfolio materials encouraged. No phone calls. Background check required.