Changing Worlds, an arts and cultural education organization, seeks visual art teaching artists to teach in our Arts and Cultural Connections after-school and Arts Culture and Literacy in-school programs in Chicago Public Schools. Changing Worlds is looking for visual artists with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Graphic and Digital Art
- Comic Arts and Graffiti
- Mixed Media
- Drawing and Painting
- Installation Art
Responsibilities include working with groups of up to 15 students in an after-school setting or up to 35 students in an in-school setting, curriculum planning, teaching visual arts skills through a cultural theme, developing a body of work with the students resulting in a student exhibition, discussions about the history and traditions of the art form, and maintaining positive relationships with students, parents and school administrators.
Teaching artists will be compensated for teaching and curriculum planning time.
Locations of program assignments will be determined by the Program Manager. In-school programs run between 8am-3pm and after-school programs run between 3pm-6pm. Times may vary depending on the school.
- Support the development art skills for elementary through high school students
- Support the development of cultural awareness for elementary through high school students
- Planning and implementation of arts and cultural curriculum for elementary through high school students
- Engage with students to encourage their creativity and self-expression
- Employ a system of effective classroom behavior management
- Support the students in the creation of a culminating performances
- Consult with Changing Worlds’ Program Manager on the development of programming