WFMT (classical music radio station) is seeking an Operations Manager.This position is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day programming content of the radio station and radio network. This position handles logistics and ensures that the intricacies involved in the programming are accounted and planned for.
- Help manage radio automation software, traffic software, digital audio workstations and music scheduling software relevant to WFMT operations.
- Hire and train Production Assistants, interns and volunteers.
- Participate in and support the Chief Engineer and IT Department in preparing for and implementing new systems and tools.
- Manage Studios: Schedule all private recording and broadcast sessions, schedule engineers, Piano Tuners, Production Assistants; Supervise setup, strike, and make sure the studio rates and policies are clearly presented.
- Engineer interviews, phone sessions; setup/modify ISDN units, and Comrex for local and remote WFMT broadcasts.
- Enter programming content into the Radio Data System (RDS) for display in car radios.
- Design studio configurations for live broadcasts; set up P.A. systems, microphone placement for Folkstage, Impromptus, Pledge Drives and other radio events.
- Under the leadership of the Chief Engineer, support the Network in consultations and discussions with external stakeholders (e.g. partner or member organizations such as the European Broadcasting Network, stations, distribution, streaming and podcasting platforms) regarding distribution infrastructure, audio standards and technology trends.
- Support the Network in its integration into existing and future database systems, automation systems, storage solutions, and data ingestion and digitization initiatives.
- Work with archivist to assist in operations around various archive initiatives.
- Manage and monitor inventory of audio equipment; microphones, cables, amplifiers, mic/music stands and portable recorders.
- Order production materials: CD-R, CD jewel cases, etc. and help oversee shipping of produced materials.
- Work alongside Production and Syndication Manager to manage music listings for nationally syndicated programs including the Beethoven and Jazz Networks.
- Provide customer service and support to station clients and staff.
- Proactively identify operations workflow problems or areas for potential improvement and advocate for solutions and resources.