Reports to: Wigmaster and Wardrobe, Wigs and Make-up Director
Status: Full-time, exempt, seasonal
Assists the Wigmaster with planning and implementation of ongoing departmental operations and is primarily responsible for organizing and overseeing day-to-day tasks to be completed by staff. The Coordinator helps to implement the artistic and administrative decisions made by department managers, and s/he must apply artistic expertise, along with practical knowledge/experience, in order to support the vision of the Wigmaster and Production teams in achieving the desired aesthetic of Lyric’s productions.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Wigmaster in planning how the construction and styling of the wigs will be carried out on a daily basis within the schedule of the season.
- Delegate tasks established by the Wigmaster to weekly staff, and supervise completion of work goals to ensure that tasks are effectively performed, and that time/resources are used efficiently.
- Monitor and facilitate various budget/administrative logistics for the Wig and Makeup Department, including (but not limited to): managing payroll; ordering supplies; distributing and organizing necessary information for running performances; preparing documentation for historical reference.
- Meet regularly with the Wigmaster to discuss deployment of staff/labor resources, develop work goals, determine supply needs, and plan for maintenance issues, as required to support department operations.
- Assist the Wigmaster with scheduling fittings for principals, chorus and other cast members.
- Coordinate with the Wigmaster on hiring and utilization of Wigs and Makeup Running crew for all rehearsals and performances; interface with Studio Mechanics Union Local 476 in order to hire skilled crew members to meet production workload requirements, and assist in training and in monitoring productivity of crew personnel.
- Generate weekly schedules for full-time staff and also production schedules to be distributed to run crew.
- Under direction of the Wigmaster, help to pull wigs and facial hair as needed for productions.
- Update and manage wig inventory throughout the season; contact supply/equipment vendors to order necessary materials.
- Attend all Piano Run Throughs and Dress Rehearsals when wigs and make-up are used in order to facilitate notes given by the Wigmaster and Creative Production Teams.
Management retains the option to change or add to the duties of the position at any time.